In Piedmontese dialect, “gajard” means vigorous and exuberant, like the personality of this deep-coloured wine. Fresh on the tongue, with aromas of freshly picked red fruit.
- Producer: Mandoletta SSA
- Growing area: Monferrato, Vigne Mandoletta.
- Varietal: barbera
- Training system: Guyot
- Density: 4000 vines per ha
- Harvesting period: September
- Harvest: manual into crates
- Average yield per ha.: 70 quintals/ha
- Vinification: maceration on the skins
- Refinement period and system 9 months in steel vats
- Appearance: deep ruby red
- Bouquet: violets, red roses and hints of fruit
- Taste: excellent freshness, crisp tannines and splendidly quaffable
- Serving temperature and method: 16-18 °c
- Serve with: first and main course meat dishes