In Piedmontese dialect, “gajard” means vigorous and exuberant, like the personality of this deep-coloured wine. Fresh on the tongue, with aromas of freshly picked red fruit and pays homage to the variety’s characterful.
- Winery : Mandoletta SSA
- Growing area: : Monferrato
- Varietal: Barbera
- Training method : Guyot
- Density: 4000 vines per hectare
- Harvesting period: September
- Harvest: manual into crates
- Avg. grape yield per ha: 70 qli/hectare
- Vinification: maceration on the skins and ageing 9 months in stainless steel tank
- Appearance: deep ruby red
- Nose: aromas of freshly picked red fruits
- Tasting notes: excellent freshness, crisp tannines and splendidly quaffable
- Pairings : tasty and spicy dishes, like roasted meat and game meat
- Serving temperature and method: 16-18 °c
- Alcohol: 14,5% Vol.