Bruno Bonzano is made from our best selections of Barbera grapes, hand-picked and crated. All the grapes come from a particular vineyard, the Vigna Mandoletta, part of the Mandoletta estate in Casale Monferrato.
The wine is aged for two years in barriques and tonneaux, and is the finest expression of Bonzano vini’s potential. This is why the label was dedicated to the progenitor of the family – Bruno Bonzano.
- Winery: Mandoletta SSA
- Growing area: Casale Monferrato, Vigna Mandoletta
- Varietal: Barbera
- Training method: Guyot
- Densitỳ: 4,000 vines per hectare
- Harvesting period: September
- Harvesting method: Manual, in crates
- Avg. grape yield per ha: 6 tons/hectare
- Vinification: Skin contact Aged 24 months in barriques and tonneaux
- Appearance: Very deep ruby red
- Nose: Red fruit and sweet spices
- Tasting notes: A very deep ruby red, its bouquet is reminiscent of red fruit and sweet spice aromas. The sip coats the entire palate smoothly; nice persistence and freshness.
- Pairings: excellent with beef stews and ripened cheese
- Serving temperature and method:16-18 C°
- Alcohol: 15.5% by vol.